Compatibility with mobile devices
With over one in four people now using their smart phone or mobile device (such as iPads and Android tablets) to access the internet, it’s important that you don’t exclude them from using your website.
Because Leverstock understand how to work with these devices, you benefit by being able to direct parents and pupils to information on your website through SMS (text) messages – which are low-cost but a highly effective way of communicating with a large number of people very quickly (such as for snow days, or urgent breaking news).
Our Enhanced package includes a a QR (quick-read) code, which you can publish on school letters etc, which directs parents and pupils who use a smart phone or mobile device straight to the appropriate page on your website.
Our content management system can detect over 2,000 types of mobile devices and will offer one of a number of alternatives, based on the device being used. This will allow users to access a text-only version of your site (they don’t lose any words, but won’t see any pictures or video).
Fully functional mobile mini-site
A mobile mini-site allows you to offer an increased functionality to users accessing your site on a smart phone or mobile device – allowing them to:
- Easily to read information pages on anything from after-school clubs to the school menu or term dates.
- Send messages to the school from a mobile device
- List office opening hours
- Quickly link to “call us” – taking the user straight to a voice call
- Directly links to your official social media sites (such Twitter, Facebook etc)
- Go straight to the newsfeed – taken straight from your main site (no need to do do anything extra)